Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 152209-1A
Date Posted: Mar 1, 2019
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
1. Performs the patient flow, transfer and bed management process for Lahey Clinic
2. Works in compliance with Nursing Practice Guidelines which foster safe, cost effective and quality patient care.
3. Performs bed flow functions and patient placement process, including operating and managing the electronic bedboard placement of patients
4. Optimizes patient flow throughout the hospital by prioritizing admissions, transfers, and bed assignments
5. Maintains and displays knowledge of current professional and clinical issues and practices through participation in a professional organization and certification in field of nursing. Uses evidence based resources to implement necessary changes in the delivery of nursing care and/or nursing practice.
1. Links departmental goals to organizations mission and goals.
2. Works collaboratively to solve problems, improve processes and integrate services within the department and with other departments.
3. Responds calmly and efficiently during crisis and/or emergency situations.
4. Confronts and effectively deals with issues as they arise without disruption to the departments routine.
5. Notifies appropriate colleagues of unsafe working conditions and takes appropriate action.
6. Supports new ideas and changes within the department by actively participating and contributing.
7. Demonstrates flexibility in meeting demands of the department.
8. Organizes and prioritizes work to meet deadlines.
9. Demonstrates initiative to diagnose problems, attain needed resources and provide solution.
10. Manages and communicates information.
11. Develops effective communication methods to keep staff and others informed about activities of the organization and department.
1. Participates on multi-disciplinary teams to improve customer patient satisfaction.
2. Is alert to potential Quality Assurance/CQI issues and actively participates in the problem solving process.
3. Is able to modify behavior and performance based on results obtained from Quality Assurance monitors.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT:
1. Provides appropriate orientation, competence assessment, in-service training and continuing education for all staff under the direction of the supervisor.
2. Fosters a systematic awareness of the diversity that exits within the organization, including culture, ethnicity, gender and age, and promotes an environment that is sensitive to the needs of diverse populations.
3. Treats staff according to the Lahey Clinic guiding principles.
4. Keeps Coordinator and Director informed regarding staff concerns.
5. Serves as role model to colleagues and new employees by fostering positive communication and cooperation.
1. Manages within budget guidelines.
2. Participates in budget and cost-saving planning as indicated.
PROFESSIONAL GROWTH/SELF IMPROVEMENT:
1. Actively seeks opportunities for self-awareness and feedback.
2. Actively pursues opportunities to become multi-skilled to serve a more diverse role in the organization.
3. Responds well to constructive criticism and attempts to make changes based on input.
4. Attends yearly Mandatory Education Programs.
5. Attends work related educational programs as required or directed.
6. Attends meetings as scheduled.
7. Maintains necessary continuing education requirements for license, certification and enhancements.
8. Maintains own educational record.
9. Belongs to a professional nursing organization.
10. Becomes certified and maintains certification in field of practice.
11. Participates in activities that benefit the community.
1. Communicates effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing.
2. Establishes and maintains a good working relationship with colleagues, management, customers and visitors.
3. Represents Lahey Clinic in a positive manner.
4. Shows patience and understanding when dealing with colleagues, management, customers and visitors.
5. Uses tact and diplomacy in all interactions.
6. Handles staff and patient confidential information in strict conformance with department/institutional policy.
7. Demonstrates effective teamwork skills by sharing information and encouraging input from other members of the team.
8. Maintains professional appearance.
9. Delegates work appropriately and provide direction and guidance to nursing and support staff.
10. Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities:
11. Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
12. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
13. Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
14. Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
15. Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
16. Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
17. Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
18. Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, Bachelor's Degree program.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Current RN Licensure to practice professional nursing in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Clinical Skills: Clinical competency in area of nursing practice.
Technical Skills: Basic computer skills.
Experience: A minimum of five (5) years of accumulated in-patient nursing experience and two years leadership experience.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.